Estes SureMove has developed this Privacy Statement out of respect for the privacy of visitors to our Website. Through this Website, Estes SureMove will collect information that can identify you and/or your activity. We will use your information to respond to requests you may make of us, and from time to time, we may refer to this information for other purposes.
Information We Collect
Whenever you visit our Website, we will collect some information from you automatically and some voluntarily. We will collect the following information automatically:
- IP Address
- The date and time of your visit
- When available, the method you used to get to the Website (For example, clicking on an advertisement.)
We will collect the following information voluntarily:
- Your name
- Your contact information
- Information regarding your move (date, origin, destination, size of residence/space needed, etc.)
Uses of the Information We Collect
We collect information about our Website visitors for a number of reasons, including:
- To improve the Website experience for all visitors
- To understand the demographics of our Website visitors
- To facilitate the processing of quotes and orders placed via the Website
How We Protect the Information We Collect
The protection of the information that we collect from our site visitors is of the utmost importance to us, and we take every reasonable measure to ensure that protection, including:
- We keep automatically collected data and voluntarily collected data separate at all times.
- Your personal information and details about your shipment are not accessible from a web environment. It is stored in a secure source in our central mainframe system.
- We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption wherever we capture voluntarily provided information.
- We use internal encryption on all data stores that house voluntarily captured data.
- Compile data about site traffic to offer a better Website experience
- Understand and save visitor preferences for future visits
- Use in the calculation of success rates for various advertising efforts
You may opt out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you on our Site by our web analytics vendor by clicking here and installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
If you are a California resident, you may contact us to request information about circumstances in which we share certain personal information with third parties for their marketing purposes. To request information, please contact us as shown in the Contact Us section of this Policy.
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information, once a year, regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send us an email using the contact information provided below in the “Contact Us” section.
If you are a California resident, as of January 1, 2020, you have the following additional rights:
- You have the right to request information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you, as well as the categories of sources from which such information is collected, the purpose for collecting such information, and the categories of third parties with whom we share such information.
- You have the right to request information about our sale or disclosures for business purposes of your personal information to third parties.
- You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information to third parties. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
- You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information. Please note that notwithstanding your request, California law permits us to retain certain categories of personal information for numerous purposes, including to complete a transaction initiated by you, to perform a contract between you are us, and to comply with a legal obligation, such as a record retention requirements.
- You have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of these rights.
If you would like to exercise one or more of the above rights, please contact us by following the “Contact Us” options listed below. Please note that we will use the information we have collected about you to verify your identity prior to executing your request.
Estes does not sell or give out to third parties the personal information of customers if Estes has actual knowledge that the customer is less than 16 years of age, unless the consumer, in the case of customers are between 13 and 16 years of age, or the customer’s parent or guardian, in the case of customers who are less than 13 years of age, has affirmatively authorized the sale or given out to third parties of the customer’s personal information.
Third-party Disclosure of the Information We Collect
We do not sell or otherwise trade the Private Information that we collect from our site visitors at any point or under any circumstance. We do, on occasion, employ other companies and individuals to perform services for us such as data analysis and marketing assistance. They have access to your information as necessary only to perform those services for us, but they are not permitted to use it for any other purposes. The only other scenario in which your information would be shared is to ensure an ability to consistently provide service, or with government and other agencies where required by law. When we share such information, we ensure that the third parties with whom we share have policies and controls in place that are at least as stringent as our own.
Terms and Conditions (Including Consent)
This site gives users the following options for changing and modifying information previously provided:
Postal Mail to the following address:
Estes SureMove (Webmaster)
3901 West Broad Street
Richmond, VA 23230
Contacting the Website
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, or inquiries regarding the practices of or your dealings with this website, you can contact:
Estes SureMove (Webmaster)
3901 West Broad Street
Richmond, VA 23230
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit www.EstesSureMove.com or other sites administered by Estes Express Lines, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this privacy statement, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Virginia.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
Estes SureMove and Estes Express Lines will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this site, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive and consequential damages.
Certain state laws do not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions, or limitations may not apply to you, and you might have additional rights.